Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Powerful Points

It looks like the ole Action Learning Project is winding up. I feel good about what I’ve learned. There is a huge selection of children’s books available that deal with homosexuality in a positive way. That’s the good news. The bad news is when you learn how many of them have been challenged or even burned. But, I, as a future librarian need to become as prepared as possible to deal with these issues.
I read some really high quality and entertainng books throughout this project. I also read a couple of stinkers. Kate allowing me to kind of look over her shoulder, make comments and suggestions, and “help” her do the PowerPoint was invaluable. This was my first experience using the PowerPoint program, and I really appreciated Kate’s patience in letting me in on whole process. On to the Copyright project! Whew.

No comments: